However, he's pretty awesome to hug me and hold me even when I am at my most lame. Maybe that's not true. I'm sure I could be more lame if I tried (or didn't try)...
What a weird start to the post. Here are some more examples of lameness in my life.
- UC email is broken. Every day I check my emails. Almost every day I am told there's an error in connecting to my account and I can't see them. This has not been good, because I am supposed to be keeping in contact with my group for an important assignment due next week, with which we are running out of time.... *heart palpitations set in*
- That's making me feel edgy, and now I am freaking out about little things, like an untidy house. My untidy house is lame. Surely I could keep my desk clean... I should be able to keep my desk clean...
- Keeping my thought patterns sensible and loving and awesome. It's really difficult. I very easily fall into the 'lame, stress, argh, whimper, woeisme' thought patterns.
- I have a husband who loves me, lameness and all.
- I have a God who loves me, lameness and all.
- I have lots of friends who are awesome, some of whom I am seeing today - Yay!
- I have lots of blessings in my home and out of my home.
- I have a new MyWay card and it's fun getting on and off buses *giggle*
- I have a lovely computer and access to most things (aside from my uni email...)
- I have the blessing to be able to go to uni and to study, which reminds me that I should go do that....
Well, I think the first thing you "should" do is delete the word "should" from your vocabulary. All it does is help you impose unnecessary rules and expectations on yourself.
ReplyDeleteAlso, have a look at your list of why your life is awesome. Lots of people have a similar list, and yet we all fall and fail and struggle and whine and moan and sit on the couch when there are dishes to be done. That doesn't make us LAME, it makes us human. Maybe try being a bit kinder to yourself.
Should... an excellent point. But with what do I replace it? Or does it not need replacing?
ReplyDeleteI guess being a bit kinder to myself scares me. What if, in being kinder to myself, I get so much less done? I would feel very guilty ... but when I am happier, I do get more done ... gah....
Why is it important to get these things done? Will they make your life better? Happier? More fulfilled? Or is it just about following the rules you've set for yourself? I'm not saying that cleaning and doing other things is bad... but if they become SHOULDS and MUST DO items, and you feel bad if you DON'T do them, then maybe you're putting too much importance on them, and imposing restrictions on yourself.
ReplyDeleteI don't think Jesus did the dishes every day...