I'm afflicted with indecision. Big things, small things, other things.
... I don't know whether I should have lunch or keep reading articles on the internet which only make me angry but that I can't do much about.
... I don't actually feel hungry, due to getting up late and eating breakfast late.
... I don't know whether to do that craft project or do the vacuuming. I don't really feel like doing anything much. WHY!?!
I know why. It's because of my nose.
It's ridiculous. I hate my nose. I don't particularly care for the shape of the nose but that's not what bothers me. The inside of the nose itches. It makes me sneeze. Anything can set it off. If I get a cold shiver, if my arm or hand gets a bit too cold, or my neck, or if there's a little bit of dust, or some unseen spore that fills our house:
I sneeze.
Not just one sneeze, but many. This leads to lots of things. Sometimes it is just one sneeze, but mostly it's several, which means my nose starts getting clogged. I can blow it as often as I like, it makes little difference.
This lasts for anything from a few hours to a few days.
It's exhausting. So many reasons why.
1) Sneezing uses lots of muscles. Lots of sneezing is tiring.
2) A blocked nose often results in:
- a headache
- or a general feeling of tightness in my face
- or blocked/achy ears.
3) Sneezing and a blocked nose results in a night of disturbed sleep. I woke up at 2 the other morning because I needed to sneeze. I didn't want to wake Phil so I managed to make no noise, but I did shake the bed fairly violently. I ended up getting up and blowing my nose for a while in the loungeroom so I wouldn't disturb my love. It worked, he slept. But I didn't.
The two types of allergy medications I have tried haven't worked very well. The first time I think it worked - possibly placebo effect. But I'm not sure that it worked, I might have just come to the end of that sneezing fit and the drug coincided.
I don't know what to do.
Moving house isn't an option for a while and it is something I really don't want to do for a lot of reasons.
Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment